Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 5:45 PM tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com
<tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, November 16, 2021 2:31 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Right. I've fixed this issue and attached an updated patch.
> >

> Thanks for your patch.
>
> I read the discussion about stats entries for table sync worker[1], the
> statistics are retained after table sync worker finished its jobs and user can remove
> them via pg_stat_reset_subscription_worker function.
>
> But I notice that, if a table sync worker finished its jobs, the error reported by
> this worker will not be shown in the pg_stat_subscription_workers view. (It seemed caused by this condition: "WHERE
srsubstate<> 'r'") Is it intentional? I think this may cause a result that users don't know the statistics are still
exist,and won't remove the statistics manually. And that is not friendly to users' storage, right?

You're right. The condition "WHERE substate <> 'r') should be removed.
I'll do that change in the next version patch. Thanks!

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
EDB:  https://www.enterprisedb.com/

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Non-superuser subscription owners
От: Amul Sul
Сообщение: Re: xlog.c: removing ReadRecPtr and EndRecPtr