RE: row filtering for logical replication

От tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: row filtering for logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 9:13 AM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> Attach the V68 patch set which addressed the above comments and changes.
> The version patch also fix the error message mentioned by Greg[1]

I saw a problem about this patch, which is related to Replica Identity check.

For example:
-- publisher --
create table tbl (a int);
create publication pub for table tbl where (a>10) with (publish='delete');
insert into tbl values (1);
update tbl set a=a+1;

postgres=# update tbl set a=a+1;
ERROR:  cannot update table "tbl"
DETAIL:  Column "a" used in the publication WHERE expression is not part of the replica identity.

I think it shouldn't report the error because the publication didn't publish UPDATES.
Thoughts?

Regards,
Tang