RE: row filtering for logical replication

От houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: row filtering for logical replication
Дата
Re: row filtering for logical replication  (Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday, January 20, 2022 8:53 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 5:03 PM tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com
> <tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 9:13 AM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
> <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> > > Attach the V68 patch set which addressed the above comments and
> changes.
> > > The version patch also fix the error message mentioned by Greg[1]
> > >

> > I saw a problem about this patch, which is related to Replica Identity check.
> >
> > For example:
> > -- publisher --
> > create table tbl (a int);
> > create publication pub for table tbl where (a>10) with (publish='delete');
> > insert into tbl values (1);
> > update tbl set a=a+1;
> >
> > postgres=# update tbl set a=a+1;
> > ERROR:  cannot update table "tbl"
> > DETAIL:  Column "a" used in the publication WHERE expression is not part of
> the replica identity.
> >
> > I think it shouldn't report the error because the publication didn't publish
> UPDATES.
> >

> Right, I also don't see any reason why an error should be thrown in
> this case. The problem here is that the patch doesn't have any
> correspondence between the pubaction and RI column validation for a
> particular publication. I think we need to do that and cache that
> information unless the publication publishes both updates and deletes
> in which case it is okay to directly return invalid column in row
> filter as we are doing now.

Attach the v69 patch set which fix this.
The new version patch also addressed comments from Peter[1] and Amit[2].
I also added some testcases about partitioned table in the 027_row_filter.pl.

Note that the comments from Alvaro[3] haven't been addressed
because the discussion is still going on, I will address those
comments soon.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAHut%2BPtUiaYaihtw6_SmqbwEBXtw6ryc7F%3DVEQkK%3D7HW18dGVg%40mail.gmail.com
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1JzKYBC5Aos9QncZ%2BJksMLmZjpCcDmBJZQ1qC74AYggNg%40mail.gmail.com
[3] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/202201201313.zaceiqi4qb6h%40alvherre.pgsql