Re: restoring template1

От Florian Helmberger
Тема Re: restoring template1
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi.

How about this way:

pg_dump -csu <database> >clean_schema.sql

(replace <database> with the name of the database you accidently imported
into template1).

Now open the created file with your favourite text editor and delete
everything after the last "DROP ..." line and execute it in psql via

\i clean_schema.sql

This will drop all tables (including all triggers for that table), indizes,
sequences and functions which don't belong in template1.

Worked for me a few times.

Cheers,
Florian