Re: Postgresql "FIFO" Tables, How-To ?

От Leon Oosterwijk
Тема Re: Postgresql "FIFO" Tables, How-To ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
All,

There's a database format called "rrd" or round robin database. this was
specifically designed for wrap-around data storage. since you are trying to
store 10mil+ syslog messages this might not be the right tool. I'm just
mentioning it because it perhaps the way the rrd keeps track of wrap-around
might be a good way to implement this in postgres.

Sincerely,

Leon Oosterwijk