Re: Postgresql "FIFO" Tables, How-To ?

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Postgresql "FIFO" Tables, How-To ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 01:33:35PM -0500, Leon Oosterwijk wrote:
> store 10mil+ syslog messages this might not be the right tool. I'm just
> mentioning it because it perhaps the way the rrd keeps track of wrap-around
> might be a good way to implement this in postgres.

Hmm.  Using the cycling feature of a sequence, couldn't you create a
trigger which either inserts (if, e.g., the value of the trigger is
not there) or updates (if the value of the trigger is there)?  I'm
not sure how to do it efficiently, but I haven't thought about it
very much.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110