Create into temp table as select doesn set "found"

От Jan Hink
Тема Create into temp table as select doesn set "found"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello,

I found an unexpected behavior, I suppose it is a little bug.

In plpgsql procedure I have this commads:

        create temp table t_expert on commit drop as
        select * from v_expert e where user_account=$1;

        get diagnostics rowcount=row_count;
        raise notice 'found=%, rowcount=%', found, rowcount;

The notice returned "found=f, rowcount=2"

I expected "found" should be set properly to true, when rowcount>0.
If not then I cannot use easy "if not found then ..." and I am forced to
write more rows in my code.

I wonder I have not found similar issue in any discussion yet.

With Regards
Jan Hink