Re: psql won't stayed connected

От Kevin Izzet
Тема Re: psql won't stayed connected
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi Tom,

Managed to get the debugger to work and here are the results, don't understand the results mind :-)

#0  0x08155d55 in proc_exit ()
#1  0x08161c17 in PostgresMain ()
#2  0x0813eee0 in BackendFork ()
#3  0x0813e8d6 in BackendStartup ()
#4  0x0813d1c6 in ServerLoop ()
#5  0x0813cda3 in PostmasterMain ()
#6  0x08110f56 in main ()

Thanks for your help sofar...

p.s. Installed phpPgAdmin and that appears to work fine, don't know if that makes any difference

Regards

Kevin Izzet

Database / Unix  Administrator
Tel:     (Code)+44(0)1475 655606
Fax:    (Code)+44(0)1475 637755
Email:  Kevin.Izzet@nsc.com

"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>

06/08/2004 15:41

        To:        "Kevin Izzet" <Kevin.Izzet@nsc.com>
        cc:        pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
        Subject:        Re: [ADMIN] psql won't stayed connected

"Kevin Izzet" <Kevin.Izzet@nsc.com> writes:
> Thanks for the reply but forgive my ignorance but how do I setup the
> debugger breakpoint ?

Something like this:

                PGOPTIONS="-W 30" psql ...
                Use ps to determine PID of backend connected to psql
                gdb /path/to/postgres-executable PID-of-backend
                gdb> break proc_exit
                gdb> continue
                (wait for rest of timeout to expire)
                gdb will report reaching proc_exit breakpoint
                gdb> bt
                ... interesting result is here ...
                gdb> quit

If you've never done this before it will probably take you more than 30
seconds to get into gdb --- adjust the W option accordingly.

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended or authorised recipient please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message