Re: [GENERAL] 'a' == 'a '

От Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com
Тема Re: [GENERAL] 'a' == 'a '
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I will happily reiterate that I am the troll who started this mess by
whining about how *Oracle* handles this.  Tom's explanation that CHAR is
has a PAD collation and VARCHAR has a NO PAD collation have restored my
faith that there is goodness in the world.  My whining was out of
ignorance.  I wouldn't change the proper way PostgreSQL works.  Documenting
it is good.  I will use this new found knowledge from now on in my database
designs.

Cheers,

Rick