Question

От FBaron@co.belcorp.biz
Тема Question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi, I have a database with   100 GB size, I never have done a vacuumdb to
it, analizyng,  there is a table witn almost 25 GB, I have to run a Vaccum
to clean it.. This is a longer operation.

But somebody said me that if I make a backup(pg_dump), drop the database,
create db, an then restore again, tha database is cleaned(recover disk
space) and reindexed, is that true?
If is true, how long is this?

Thnaks for your help.

Fabio.

Aviso de confidencialidad:
Este mensaje de correo electrónico contiene información estrictamente
confidencial no susceptible de ser distribuida. Si usted no es el
destinatario de este mensaje, por favor no publicarlo, copiarlo o tomar
cualquier otro tipo de accion sobre esta transmision. Si recibio este
mensaje por error, por favor notifiquenoslo y eliminelo lo antes posible.

Warning of confidentiality:
This message of electronic mail contains strictly confidential information
nonsusceptible to be distributed. If you are not the adressee of this
message, please do not publish it, copy it or take any other kind of action
on this transmission. If you got this message by mistake, please notify it
to us and eliminate it as soon as possible.