Re: Corrupted data sent by Windows 98 client

От greg.campbell@us.michelin.com
Тема Re: Corrupted data sent by Windows 98 client
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

The unicode driver works with Windows 98 client, but not if the (same) client is on XP, (same driver)?

Greg Campbell ENG-ASE/Michelin US5
Lexington, South Carolina
803-951-5561, x75561
Fax: 803-951-5531
greg.campbell@us.michelin.com

Inactive hide details for "Andrus" <eetasoft@online.ee>

          "Andrus" <eetasoft@online.ee>
          Sent by: pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org

          09/13/2006 12:11

pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org

cc

Subject

[ODBC] Corrupted data sent by Windows 98 client

I use ODBC driver to access PostgresSQL 8.1 servers from Windows 98 computer
frmm Microsoft Visual FoxPro 9 application.

In a number of client and servers, it is not possible to send data to
server.

PostgreSQL log file shows shows that garbage characters are received. Server
responds to this packet  with message

syntax error or at near ....

Server response is received correctly by client.

I tried with latest (Hiroshi) and previous (Unicode) version of Unicode ODBC
driver and the problem
exist in both driver versions.
I can reproduce this in my office if application is running from Windows XP
drive from network drive.
If I copy application to C: drive in Windows 98 computer, application runs
OK.

Server log is available at www.eetasoft.ee/baddata.zip

Any idea how to fix this ?

Andrus.