COPY FROM function

От Patrick Hatcher
Тема COPY FROM function
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I have 2 questions concerning COPY FROM:

1 - I've successfully imported a comma-delimited file that contain no
quotes (" ").  I now have to import a FileMaker export where all fields
contain quotes.  How do I setup COPY to accept this

2 - Is there a way to import to only certain fields using the COPY FROM
function?  Or would I need to import to a temp table and do an insert to
the main table.

Ex:  CREATE TABLE tb1 (
  F1   int4,
  F2 varchar(255),
  F3 varchar(10),
  F4 varchar(55)
);

I may only want to import data into F1, F3 and F4.

Thanks in advance

Patrick Hatcher
Macys.Com
Legacy Integration Developer