Re: Re(2): Is there an opensource Mac OSX equivalent

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Re(2): Is there an opensource Mac OSX equivalent
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Philip,

> This might be interesting but I would need to figure out what PHP is
>  and if
> it in the default install of OSX.1.  I know that Apache is there.
>   Marc L.'s
> postgres 7.1.3 install works well too.  Would that entail compiling
> phpPgAdmin for OSX?

PHP is a Web Scripting language.  You install it with Apache.  I don't
 know what the default OSX Server install comes with.

If you have to install it yourself, be careful; PHP by default connects
 only with MySQL and needs to be compiled for Postgres support.  See
 http://techdocs.postgresql.org/  for some help.

Once PHP/Apache/Postgres is set up, phpPgAdmin is easy ... you just
 copy it to a folder under your Web Root, and it works.

-Josh

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com