Re: Do Stored Procedures exist (Besides FUNCTIONs)

От Art Nicewick
Тема Re: Do Stored Procedures exist (Besides FUNCTIONs)
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I guess I should have made this two questions . . . . I got your answers
(On the TODO list). I was wondering if that was true for both issues:

1. ability to call a function (Like a store procedure call) ?

2. Ability to return multiple values  ?

Are both of these on the TODO list ?.

                    "Josh Berkus"
                    <josh@agliodb        To:     "Art Nicewick" <art.nicewick@ams.com>, Masse Jacques
                    s.com>               <jacques.masse@bordeaux.cemagref.fr>
                                         cc:     pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
                    03/04/02             Subject:     Re: [NOVICE] Do Stored Procedures exist (Besides
                    03:11 PM             FUNCTIONs)

Art,

> It seems the all the discussions in the ORACLE TO PGSQL port document
>  are
> all about converting FUNCTIONs to FUNCTIONs, Procedures to FUNCTIONs.
>  What
> about application that already return multiple parameters from a
>  stored
> procedure.

This is an area currently under development for PostgreSQL.  There is
 some limited ability to return recordsets from Postgres using cursor
 and/or Record objects.  However, I do not know that this is yet
 documented, as the functionality was just added for 7.2.

Overall, stored procedures like you describe remain on the "To Do"
 list.

-Josh Brkus