Re: pg_basebackup fails: could not receive data from WAL stream: serverclosed the connection unexpectedly

От AYahorau@ibagroup.eu
Тема Re: pg_basebackup fails: could not receive data from WAL stream: serverclosed the connection unexpectedly
Дата
Ответы Re: pg_basebackup fails: could not receive data from WAL stream:server closed the connection unexpectedly  (Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>)
Re: pg_basebackup fails: could not receive data from WAL stream:server closed the connection unexpectedly  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,
Thank you very much for the response.

I reckon we can return to more conventional approach of postgres db synchronization:
1) SELECT pg_start_backup('label', true);
2) rsync/cp  $PGDATA directory;
3) SELECT pg_stop_backup();

In my opinion this approach looks better because it does not depend on wal_sender_timeout value.

I have a question. What is your opinion about pg_basebackup utility and its behaviour for this condition?  Is it a bug? Should it be fixed?

Best regards,
Andrei