Invalid data read from synchronously replicated hot standby

От martin.kamp.jensen@schneider-electric.com
Тема Invalid data read from synchronously replicated hot standby
Дата
Re: Invalid data read from synchronously replicated hot standby  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

We are getting invalid data when reading from a synchronously replicated hot standby node in a 2-node setup. To better understand the situation, we have created a document that provides an overview. We are hoping that someone might be able to confirm whether or not the setup makes sense, i.e., whether we are using PostgreSQL correctly and experiencing a bug, or if we are using PostgreSQL incorrectly.

Link to document that contains a step-by-step description of the situation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MuX8rq1gKw_WZ-HVflqxFslvXNTRGKa77A4NHto4ue0/edit?usp=sharing

If the setup is sane (and expected to work), we will work on setting up a minimal reproduce that avoids our complete system. We are thinking that a scripted Ansible/Vagrant setup makes sense.

Best regards,
Martin