Re: create role?

От Martin French
Тема Re: create role?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

> I have a app where the install guide says to give a db user the
> ability to create roles.
> "Ensure that the user has permission to create database objects and
> can create roles."
> How is that done...elegantly?  Seems like the oracle idea of a role.

CREATE ROLE <ROLENAME> LOGIN ENCRYPTED PASSWORD '<PASSWORD>'  CREATEDB CREATEROLE;

Cheers

Romax Technology Limited
Rutherford House
Nottingham Science & Technology Park
Nottingham,
NG7 2PZ
England

Telephone numbers:
+44 (0)115 951 88 00 (main)

For other office locations see:
http://www.romaxtech.com/Contact
=================================
===============
E-mail: info@romaxtech.com
Website:
www.romaxtech.com

Confidentiality Statement
This transmission is for the addressee only and contains information that is confidential and privileged.
Unless you are the named addressee, or authorised to receive it on behalf of the addressee
you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else.
If you have received this transmission in error please delete from your system and contact the sender. Thank you for your cooperation.