pg_restore hangs on materialized view [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

От rohan.parkes@dpc.vic.gov.au
Тема pg_restore hangs on materialized view [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I have made a backup of a database using the pgAdmin backup command. Attempting to restore it to a different server using the pgAdmin restore command results in the process hanging.

I tried using the pg_restore utility in order to get a better output of the restore process. The restore gets to a particular materialized view and then just hangs. There's no kind of error message, so I don't know what is causing the problem. I have checked the view on the original server and it seems fine.

At the moment all I can think to do is to try to exclude the materialized views from the dump file and recreate them manually.

Can anyone suggest a way of diagnosing and fixing this problem.

Rohan
Melbourne
Australia
Notice: This email and any attachments may be confidential and may contain
copyright or privileged material. You must not copy, disclose, distribute, store
or otherwise use this material without permission. Any personal information in
this email must be handled in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act
2014 (Vic) and applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email and any
attachments. Unless otherwise stated, this email and any attachment do not
represent government policy or constitute official government correspondence. The
State does not accept liability in connection with computer viruses, data
corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or use.