Re: pg_restore hangs on materialized view [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: pg_restore hangs on materialized view [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
rohan.parkes@dpc.vic.gov.au wrote:
> I have made a backup of a database using the pgAdmin backup command. Attempting to
> restore it to a different server using the pgAdmin restore command results in the
> process hanging.
>
> I tried using the pg_restore utility in order to get a better output of the restore process.
> The restore gets to a particular materialized view and then just hangs. There's no kind
> of error message, so I don't know what is causing the problem. I have checked the view
> on the original server and it seems fine.
>
> At the moment all I can think to do is to try to exclude the materialized views from
> the dump file and recreate them manually.

Can you tell us the definition of the materialized view and the objects its
query is using? Odds are that it is just taking a long time to build.
Is it defined on a foreign table or something similar?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe
Yours

Please consider the environment before wasting precious electrons.