strange behavior

От Patrick Hatcher
Тема strange behavior
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
ODBC: 7.03.02
App: Visual Basics 6
Pg: 7.3.3 (same problem on 7.4)

I'm having a problem I cannot figure out.  I have code that reads through a
recordset and makes necessary updates to fields and then updates the
record.  For some reason, the process always stops at record 99.  No matter
what happens, it stops while trying to do  rs.MOVENEXT and freezes my app.
What I do notice is that if I remove the code between the Do and MOVENEXT,
the entire recordset is read without issue.  Am I missing something?  Do I
need to clear some variable out?

Here's a snippet of my code (it looks suspiciously like the example
provided on the website):

Set rsBASADDs = New ADODB.Recordset

rsBASADDs.Open "Select oid,* from PREP order by dept, vend,mstyle", Conn1,
adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic, adCmdText

If rsBASADDs.BOF And rsBASADDs.EOF Then
    CloseTimer
End If

rsBASADDs.MoveFirst

Do While Not rsBASADDs.EOF

         If (rsBASADDs.Fields("nrfcolorcode") = Null Or
Val(rsBASADDs.Fields("nrfcolorcode")) = 0) And _
         (rsBASADDs.Fields("nrfsizecode") = Null Or Val(rsBASADDs.Fields
("nrfsizecode")) = 0) Then
            NoColorSizeStyle = True
            rsBASADDs.Fields("mwcolorcode") = "00"
            rsBASADDs.Fields("mwsizecode") = "000"
            'rsBASADDs.Fields("mwsizerange") = "000"
            rsBASADDs.Fields("status") = "NON CS STYLE"

       End If

        rsBASADDs.Update
        x = x + 1
        Debug.Print rsBASADDs.Fields("oid") & " - " & x
        rsBASADDs.MoveNext
Loop

TIA

Patrick Hatcher