Re: strange behavior

От Andrew Ayers
Тема Re: strange behavior
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Patrick Hatcher wrote:
> ODBC: 7.03.02
> App: Visual Basics 6
> Pg: 7.3.3 (same problem on 7.4)
>
> I'm having a problem I cannot figure out.  I have code that reads through a
> recordset and makes necessary updates to fields and then updates the
> record.  For some reason, the process always stops at record 99.  No matter
> what happens, it stops while trying to do  rs.MOVENEXT and freezes my app.
> What I do notice is that if I remove the code between the Do and MOVENEXT,
> the entire recordset is read without issue.  Am I missing something?  Do I
> need to clear some variable out?

Strange...

> Here's a snippet of my code (it looks suspiciously like the example
> provided on the website):
>
> Set rsBASADDs = New ADODB.Recordset
>
> rsBASADDs.Open "Select oid,* from PREP order by dept, vend,mstyle", Conn1,
> adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic, adCmdText
>
> If rsBASADDs.BOF And rsBASADDs.EOF Then
>     CloseTimer
> End If
>

> rsBASADDs.MoveFirst
>
> Do While Not rsBASADDs.EOF
>
>          If (rsBASADDs.Fields("nrfcolorcode") = Null Or
> Val(rsBASADDs.Fields("nrfcolorcode")) = 0) And _
>          (rsBASADDs.Fields("nrfsizecode") = Null Or Val(rsBASADDs.Fields
> ("nrfsizecode")) = 0) Then
>             NoColorSizeStyle = True
>             rsBASADDs.Fields("mwcolorcode") = "00"
>             rsBASADDs.Fields("mwsizecode") = "000"
>             'rsBASADDs.Fields("mwsizerange") = "000"
>             rsBASADDs.Fields("status") = "NON CS STYLE"
>
>        End If
>
>         rsBASADDs.Update
>         x = x + 1
>         Debug.Print rsBASADDs.Fields("oid") & " - " & x
>         rsBASADDs.MoveNext
> Loop

Have you tried moving the Update inside of the If-Then expression?
Because you only need to perform the Update if you have changed the
record (not every record).

Can't see anything else you are doing wrong, offhand...

Andrew L. Ayers

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain
informationthat is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
intendedaddressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use,
copy,disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received
thismessage in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.