Re: [GENERAL] Re: QUERY - Including the new LDP PostgreSQL HOWTO in the main PostgreSQL distribution

От Yasuo Ohgaki
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Re: QUERY - Including the new LDP PostgreSQL HOWTO in the main PostgreSQL distribution
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We've had the go-ahead from the Linux Documentation Project (LDP) guys
> > to create a new PostgreSQL HOW-TO for a while now.  I was going to start
> > it off just to make sure we had something, so that it could be put
> > around instead of Al Dev's Database Guide (the bad one).
*SNIP*

> I always wondered how a HOWTO differs from an FAQ or the existing docs.

I  think
 - HOWTO: Simpler documents that describe how to set sysmtems up and use.
 - FAQ: Documents that list question and answer for subjects.
 - Other: Books/Articles/Manuals/References describe subjects in detail and much
longer than HOWTO. (?)

For a long time, I thougt HOWTO is docuement for "quick start". Isn't it?

--
Ohgaki, Yasuo
Mail: yohgaki@dd.iij4u.or.jp