FINAL: Multi-User PostgreSQL usage SECURITY

От Mike Rogers
Тема FINAL: Multi-User PostgreSQL usage SECURITY
Дата
Re: FINAL: Multi-User PostgreSQL usage SECURITY  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Greets all;
    So this issue was raised quite some time ago by many many people and
seems to contantly be asked by new PostgreSQL users.  I never seem to find
any real answers for it.

    I am running a multi-user system and wish to have 10 user accounts with
10 different corresponding databases.  I do not want user 'a' to be able to
access user 'b's database-  Only their own 'a' database.  It really
shouldn't be this difficult.  I realize that I can revoke access to all
users on the 'a' tables, but then user B can still create tables within user
A's database.
    There has to be an easy solution.  As a hosting solutions provider for a
small number of clients, I have always steered in the direction of MySQL for
this feature, but I am seeing some demand for PostgreSQL.  I do not have the
resources to run each user with their own copy of PostgreSQL.

    I have tried chaning pg_hba.conf to add the database field to the user,
but that doesn't seem to help at all.

Any thoughts?  If it makes a difference, i can make the databases the same
name as the username if I must.

Please let me know if anyone knows of a way to do this.

Thanks in advance;
--
Mike