Re: set_time_limit -VS- database queries

От Areski Belaid
Тема Re: set_time_limit -VS- database queries
Дата
Список pgsql-php
> Hi,
>
> >I do a lot of database queries with php...
> >to import a lot of field in the database...
> >
> >In the first time, i put the set_time_limit(0)
> >But the execution of the script such as system calls using system(),
> >the sleep() function, database queries, etc. is not included when
> >determining the maximum time that the script has been running.
> >
> >So, of course, Ii can't put my script on background...
>
> What do you mean put it in the background ?
Launch a script with exec() or system()...

> >but I want known how many field has been inserted (hai)...
>
> It depends on how you're inserting (or updating) them.
>
> If you're using some sort of loop to do it, you can add another variable
in
> to automatically increment when you do an update or insert.

I have a double key on a table and some insert can be failed and I want
known how many
is really inserted... I can always know that with the last id (oid)...

Thus,I just want know if there are a way to execute a script without timeout
when I do
some database query...

             Thanks a lot, Areski (qui rit)
             -> http://www.areski.be.tf

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления:

От: "Andy Samuel"
Сообщение: Re: Content management in PHP + PostgreSQL
От: "Papp, Gyozo"
Сообщение: Re: set_time_limit -VS- database queries