Re: set_time_limit -VS- database queries

От Papp, Gyozo
Тема Re: set_time_limit -VS- database queries
Дата
Список pgsql-php
Hi,
----- Original Message -----
From: "Areski Belaid" <areski5@hotmail.com>
To: <pgsql-php@postgresql.org>; "Chris" <csmith@squiz.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 10:57 AM
Subject: Re: [PHP] set_time_limit -VS- database queries

| > Hi,
| >
| > >I do a lot of database queries with php...
| > >to import a lot of field in the database...

If you don't want to output any result from these queries, you may
consider putting them in a shutdown function which will be called
after all output is sent to the browser, in other words the request
has been completed, the connection has been closed.
Shutdown functions generally are used to close special, "hand-made"
connections, to empty queues, etc, but it is also possible to make
any database query. You're just unable to send any type of output
to the browser, but note that error_reporting() does work.

You may specify several shutdown functions with register_shutdown_function()
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.register-shutdown-function.php