Re: Postgresql slow on XEON 2.4ghz/1gb ram

От Matt Clark
Тема Re: Postgresql slow on XEON 2.4ghz/1gb ram
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
A P3 1GHz is probably roughly equivalent to a P4 1.5GHz, so going from dual P3 1GHz to single P4 2.4GHz would likely be slower in any case.  Don't forget that unless you're talking about the "Xeon MP" then the whole "Xeon" tag is pretty meaningless for the P4 range.

If you moved to a *dual* P4 setup, then the only obvious reason for a slowdown would be if the disk subsystem is much slower on the new machine, or the new machine has a hardware problem.
-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Wilson A. Galafassi Jr.
Sent: 06 August 2003 14:21
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] Postgresql slow on XEON 2.4ghz/1gb ram

Hello.
I have this problem: i'm running the postgre 7.3 on a windows 2000 server with  P3 1GHZ DUAL/1gb ram with good performance. For best performance i have change the server for a  XEON 2.4/1gb ram and for  my suprise the performance decrease 80%. anybody have a similar experience? does exist any special configuration to postgre running on a Xeon processor? Any have any idea to help-me? Excuse-me my bad english.
Very Thanks
Wilson
icq 77032308
msn wgalafassijr@hotmail.com