Re: LVM snapshots

От Matt Clark
Тема Re: LVM snapshots
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Many apologies, I got things completely the wrong way round I think!  My fault entirely.

The snapshot volume holds the *original* data from the frozen volume, using copy-on-write, so neither taking nor
releasingthe
snapshot involve any copying of data.

If you run out of room on the snapshot volume because you've written too much data to the frozen volume then you are
buggered,pure
and simple.