Re: Vacuum problem

От Peter Darley
Тема Re: Vacuum problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom,
    The machine did have a crash recently.  The scsi controller stopped
responding, and I was unable to shut down the machine correctly.  I
eventually just turned it off.  When it came back up and I started
Postgresql everything seemed OK.  I don't think that this problem occurred
then however.  I believe that it started after that, tho I can't be totally
sure.  I seem to remember doing a full vacuum after the machine came back up
and not getting any errors.
    I haven't been able to troubleshoot and replace any bad hardware yet.
Thanks,
Peter Darley

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 6:51 PM
To: Peter Darley
Cc: Pgsql-General
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Vacuum problem

"Peter Darley" <pdarley@kinesis-cem.com> writes:
> Sorry, I always forget to post the version.  I'm running 7.2.1 on Linux.

Drat ... I was hoping it was old ;-)

>     I deleted the records from pg_class and pg_type, and vacuum succeeded
> without any errors.

I'm glad you got out of the problem, but you shouldn't have got into it.
There's a bug there somewhere, and I need more data to try to look for
it.  Have you got any ideas about what might have triggered this
situation --- for example, were there any database crashes recently?
System crashes?  Odd behavior of any kind?