OpenFTS 0.33 Release

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема OpenFTS 0.33 Release
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

this is an announcement of OpenFTS 0.33 release.
Please, find archive in download area at openfts.sourceforge.net

This is a major release ! It has a lot of enhancements.
It's required PostgreSQL 7.2.1 (7.2.2 from CVS would be better)

Some major changes:

1. We moved from using contrib/intarray module to our new module
   contrib/tsearch, which is available from contrib directory of
   PostgreSQL distribution since 7.2 release.

   tsearch module provides special text data type suitable for text
   indexing. It uses words 'as is' without hashing to integers and provides
   search interface in more natural way. For example, it's possible now
   to test fulltext search from psql.
   Read documentation in contrib/tsearch module for more details.

2. We changes interfaces to dictionaries to conform changes in 1.
   Methods provided by dictionaries should work with lexems instead of
   integers as before: lemms method instead of lemmsid, is_stoplexem instead
   of is_stoplemm.

3. We've added a possibility to drop OpenFTS instances:
     drop - removes all OpenFTS tables, indices, dictionaries (if dictionary
            provides 'drop' method);
     drop_index - it's opposite to method 'create_index', removes all OpenFTS
                  indices on index tables (INDEX1,,,INDEXN) and
                  GiST index on base table (the table where the documents
                  are stored together with its primary key).
   It's very convenient for adminstration and maintaince.

4. We've added generic interfaces to ISpell dictionaries and Snowball stemmers.
   ISpell dictionaries are free and available for many languages and could be
   used to return base forms for a word.
   It's very important for inflective languages, i.e. russian language.
   Snowball stemmers (available from snowball.sourceforge.net)
   could be use to stemm a word, i.e. to cut a words endings and use
   remains stem for indexing and searching.

Unfortunately, documentation is not completely updated.
There is Crash-Course in example directory which should be
enough to start.

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

We are looking for documentation manager ! Please, contact Oleg Bartunov
<oleg@sai.msu.su> if you're willing to join the OpenFTS project.

    Regards,
        Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src backend/tcop/postgres.cbacke
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src