Re: ODBC & Transactions?

От Mike Miller
Тема Re: ODBC & Transactions?
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
> CommitTransactionCommand doesn't necessarily mean COMMIT.
> You have to use BeginTrans to turn of the autocommit mode
> but it doesn't seem the cause of your case(It works well
> here). Judging from the psqlodbc.log file you posted,
> "rollback work" is issued by the differenct connection
> from the one which issued "begin work" and "update ...".
> Hmm are you using connection pooling ?

I don't know if I am using connection pooling or not.  Is it client side or
server side?
Where do I find out? I am using Visual Basic 6 with ADO and psqlodbc.

conn=86609100, query='BEGIN WORK'
[SNIP]
conn=86609100, query='update Practical set Descr ...
[SNIP]
conn=86628184, query='ROLLBACK WORK'
NOTICE from backend during send_query: 'NOTICE:  ROLLBACK: no transaction in
progress

or

conn=86609100, query='BEGIN WORK'
[SNIP]
conn=86628184, query='update Practical set Descri ...
[SNIP]
conn=86609100, query='ROLLBACK WORK'

I see what you mean.  From some tests it *seems* to randomly pick a
connection to use; which would explain why it worked sometimes (and really
confused me :-)

Mike.