Installing on SCO OpenServer 3.2v5.0.5

От Marco Otilio Peña Diaz
Тема Installing on SCO OpenServer 3.2v5.0.5
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
 Hi

 I'm trying to compile Postgresql 7.1 on my Unix box and i'm getting some errors

I have SCO Open Server Dev. System ver 5.1.1A, GNU Make ver 3.78.1 and GNU Gcc 2.95.2 pl1.

If i try to run configure i get this error:

configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.

(adjunted config1.log)

------------------ o ------------------

then if I change line CC="$CC -b elf" on file src/template/sco to CC="$CC" (i don't have cross-compilers) i get error:

configure: error:
*** Could not execute a simple test program.  This may be a problem
*** related to locating shared libraries.  Check the file 'config.log'
*** for the exact reason.

(adjunted config2.log)

i'm developing solutions accesing data in Unix from Win clients
and i'm interested in use postgresql (under SCO OpenServer and/or Linux - maybe RedHat) with ODBC (any help will be appreciated)

 Any suggestion?

   Thanks in advance...

Carpe Diem
   Marco Otilio Peña Diaz