RE: Re: Windows install

От charlie derr
Тема RE: Re: Windows install
Дата
Список pgsql-general

+
+Well, I have questions about your post, and a possible suggestion on
+your problem.
+
+1.  I tried what you just described, but I folloed the instructions in
+the INSTALL document and ran ./configure.  This failed with an error,
+and I had exactly the same problem on both W2K and W98.

I'm confused.  I don't find an INSTALL document anywhere.  Nor do I find a
configure file.

+
+$ ./configure
+creating cache ./config.cache
+checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
+checking which template to use... win
+checking whether to build with locale support... no
+checking whether to build with recode support... no
+checking whether to build with multibyte character support... no
+checking whether to build with Unicode conversion support... no
+checking for default port number... 5432
+checking for default soft limit on number of connections... 32
+checking for gcc... gcc
+checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... yes
+checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
+checking whether we are using GNU C... yes
+checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
+using CFLAGS=-O2
+checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O2 ) works... no
+configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
+cannot create executables.
+
+2.  Supposedly, PostgreSQL requires Cygipc to be running.  Cygipc does
+not seem to be included with Cywin even though PostgreSQL is included
+and requires Cygipc.  I found Cygipc at
+http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/V1.1/index.html

I'm trying this one out now.  Thank you for the info.

    ~c

+
+On Mon, 9 Apr 2001 17:35:04 +0000 (UTC),