Re: Windows install

От nospam@nospam.nospam (Steve Jorgensen)
Тема Re: Windows install
Дата
RE: Re: Windows install  ("charlie derr" <wrong@crosswinds.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Well, I have questions about your post, and a possible suggestion on
your problem.

1.  I tried what you just described, but I folloed the instructions in
the INSTALL document and ran ./configure.  This failed with an error,
and I had exactly the same problem on both W2K and W98.

$ ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking which template to use... win
checking whether to build with locale support... no
checking whether to build with recode support... no
checking whether to build with multibyte character support... no
checking whether to build with Unicode conversion support... no
checking for default port number... 5432
checking for default soft limit on number of connections... 32
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
using CFLAGS=-O2
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O2 ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables.

2.  Supposedly, PostgreSQL requires Cygipc to be running.  Cygipc does
not seem to be included with Cywin even though PostgreSQL is included
and requires Cygipc.  I found Cygipc at
http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/V1.1/index.html