Re: Help installing PGSQL 7.1 on Linux

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Re: Help installing PGSQL 7.1 on Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-general
A couple of thoughts:

1) Take a look at the permissions on /usr/local/pgsql/data and make sure
that it exists and it is either owned by postgres or postgres has rw access.
It looks like the initdb process is trying to create it without having the
right permissions on the parent directories. If I were doing this, I think
I'd create it in advance using root & then use chown to make postgres the
owner.

2) When you su to postgres, do an "su - postgres" (the dash makes sure the
you get a shell environment so the .profile gets read.)

hope this helps!

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser  nickf@ontko.com  Phone 1.765.935.4283  Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co.     Software Consulting Services     http://www.ontko.com/