Re: TCP/IP connection

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Re: TCP/IP connection
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
A few thoughts:

Setting tcpip_socket = 1 on postgresql.conf should do the job.

Is there any chance that a link from the data directory is making your
postamaster look in a different location for the file? For instance, in most
debian installs, postgresql.conf lives in /etc/postgresql, with a link to it
form the data dir. I'm unfamiliar with rehat, bu perhaps something similar
is occuring.

Also, are you sure it isn't working? perhaps there is an auth problem in
pg_hba.conf that causes it to deny access or some network-related issue if
you're connecting from another box.

Have you tried connecting from the same box using psql -h<host> ?

-Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Dhananjay Mishra
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 5:42 AM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] TCP/IP connection

 I am trying to open the server for TCP/IP connection. My server is RedHat
7.2(postgresql-7.1.3).My question is - Is it necessary to edit
etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql  and appened -i and -o options in postgres start
script line.

I am trying to acheive this by changing the tcp-connaction flag in
postgresql.conf file in data directory. But it does not seem to be working
on this platform. But I used to do the same on Solaris and it perfectly
worked.

Please suggest/comment!

Thanks and Best Regards,
-------
Dhananjay Mishra (dmishra@vt.edu)
Graduate Student, Department Of Computer Science
Virginia Tech
-------
"This one step -- choosing a goal and sticking to it -- changes everything."
-Scott Reed