Re: pg_restore problem!!!

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Re: pg_restore problem!!!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Mago-

pg_restore is used to restore a dump file created in one of the non-text
formats such as tar format.

To restore from a plain-text dump file, just pipe it into psql like so:

cat [filename] | psql [dbname]

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser

    nickf@doxpop.com  Phone 1.765.965.7363  Fax 1.765.962.9788
doxpop - Court records at your fingertips - http://www.doxpop.com/
-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Marvin
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 3:22 PM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] pg_restore problem!!!

I made a back up file with this sentence:

pg_dump -U [superusername] -C -D -f [filename]  [dbname]

It seems to work fine. I opened the file and I saw all the commands to
insert every piece of data and reconstruct my schema. However when I try to
restore that file it gets me the following error:

C:\>pg_restore [filename]
pg_restore: [archiver] input file does not appear to be a valid archive

What I am doing wrong??
Any ideas??

Thank you in advanced.

MAGO

  IncrediMail - El E-mail ha evolucionado finalmente - Haga clic aquí