Re: Error message using pg_dump with tar format

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Re: Error message using pg_dump with tar format
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

> Does it stop at a filesize limit imposed by the OS or filesystem, such
> as 2.0GB as commonly found on linux, or NFS?

No, in this case, it is stopping at about 1.3 GB uncompressed. I usually
pipe the pg_dump output into gzip but removed the gzip to simplify the
situation while testing. Under normal circumstances, I run both a text dump
and a tar format dump each night. The text format runs to completion and
uses about 600MB, while the tar format version quits with the errror at
150MB.

(good thought though!)

-NF