Re: Permission on tables

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Re: Permission on tables
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
>      grant ALL on mytable to PUBLIC;
>
> Q: Is this dangerous? What is encompassed by "ALL"? Read? Write?

Sounds unwise to me, but I'm not a PHP-er.

In the Tomcat/Apache world, I can tell you that we generally grant select on
mytable to "www-data".
"www-data is the user that Apache runs as by default. I'd suggest finding
the Apache or PHP user & then granting only those privileges needed to only
that user.

Are you sure that you aren't just getting a more general rejection of your
connection due to problem in pg_hba? You mention that the servers are
separated. You could test the connectivity & authorization from X to Y by
trying (from X) psql -hY

regards,

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser