Re: RIGHT JOIN is only supported with mergejoinable join conditions

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Re: RIGHT JOIN is only supported with mergejoinable join conditions
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Tom, Josh:

Thanks for the ideas! Tom's idea was the easiest to test, so I tried it
first, and it worked! As you surmised, there was a typo, so I removed the
extra "sub".

I agree that this still may be a bug. These tables have been migrated
forward from an older postgresql version & hence have no primary or foreign
key constraints that might tip off the planner about my typo - as far as the
database knows, these are just two varchar fields in separate tables. Your
thought about the overlap causing the problem seems likely since this seems
to be a valid query, even with the typo.

At any rate, my immediate problem is solved & I'm a happy camper!

Thanks.

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser  nickf@ontko.com  Phone 1.765.935.4283  Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co.     Software Consulting Services     http://www.ontko.com/