Re: proper db standard

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Re: proper db standard
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jodi-

Given you two choices, I would go for #2, but consider this third option:

Publication:
pub_id
other_stuff

Keyword:
keyword_id
keyword_text

Keyword_assignment:
pub_id
keyword_id

Keyword only contains 6 records, but you can add new keywords as needed in
the future. (Option #1 didn't give you that ability.)
Duplication of data is kept to a minimum.

-Nick