Re: What may be the url we need to use to connect the Postgres Database with Java

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Re: What may be the url we need to use to connect the Postgres Database with Java
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
 jdbc.oracle.thin@ipaddress
> like this do we have any url need to be used in Postgres if so
> let me know.

jdbc:postgresql:database
jdbc:postgresql://host/database
jdbc:postgresql://host:port/database

if left out, host defaults to localhost- this is where you put your IP
address

if left out, port defaults to 5432

For example:

jdbc:postgresql://199.199.199.199/test

will connect you to the database named "test" on the host "199.199.199.199"

You will also need to have the database running with tcpip_socket set to "1"
or true in the postgresql.conf file, and set up authorization in pg_hba.conf
(search on these filenames in the interactive documentation for more.

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser  nickf@ontko.com  Phone 1.765.935.4283  Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co.     Software Consulting Services     http://www.ontko.com/