How much space should I allocate for WAL files? (was: RE: Can't get postmaster to restart after removing WAL files)

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема How much space should I allocate for WAL files? (was: RE: Can't get postmaster to restart after removing WAL files)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> Since you can recreate or restore the data, erase everything in
> your $PGDATA directory and reinitialize the database.

Thanks! I'll give that a try.

> While you are at it, you should
> consider putting $PGDATA on a filesystem with more space.

Doing that has just become a priority for me! <g> I'd like to approach this
logically instead of just taking a shot in the dark. Is there any way to
predict in advance how much space I'll need?

-Nick