Re: jdbc connection - UnknownHostException

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Re: jdbc connection - UnknownHostException
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

> should I not receive another exception than this
> UnknownHostException?

Good point. I'd expect a different error message, but thought it was
possible that unresponsiveness might result in this one. I was keying in
more on the inconsistent behavior.

Now that I think about it, a more likely possibility is that the DNS server
responsible for resolving myhost1.org is not responding quickly, so the
lookup times out in some cases. what happens if you try to replace
"myhost1.org" with the actual IP address?

-Nick