Re: Error message using pg_dump with tar format

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Re: Error message using pg_dump with tar format
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Sorry about the recent duplicate post on this- my first post had the wrong
return email address & must have just gotten deferred for a bit rather than
deleted.

But... since I'm still having the problem & no workable solution has been
suggested yet, I'll add a second appeal for ideas. The only information that
I can add since the original post is that I have thoroughly tested the
text-dump files being created (Since I'm now completely dependent on them!),
and found that they are being created flawlessly and I can get a clean
restore from them if I'm willing to restore the entire database rather than
a particular table.

Since nobody has jumped in with a simple solution, I'm guessing that I may
have a bug. Is there a pg_dump guru among the developers that I should run
this past before posting to the bugs list?

I'm doing a clean install of 7.3.2 on a second non-production box so I can
ensure that it isn't just an install glitch or hardware-related issue and
also have a safe sandbox to play in if somebody comes up with an idea. I'll
report back if the behavior chnages on the second box.

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser

    nickf@doxpop.com  Phone 1.765.965.7363  Fax 1.765.962.9788
doxpop - Court records at your fingertips - http://www.doxpop.com/