Access, Views and the OID

От Joe Shevland
Тема Access, Views and the OID
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hi,

I'm getting an error when using linked tables within Access, using ODBC to
connect to a remote Postgres 6.5.2 database:

'ERROR: system column oid not available - view_emp_locations is a view (#1)'

I've got the OID checkbox and fake-index checkbox ticked, as I use pgadmin
to do the real work behind the scenes.

Any pointers for how to get views working in this fashion?

Otherwise I'll have to use a braindead-Access query which probably wants to
pull all the data across the network first
to just look at one row...

Cheers,
Joe

---