Re: Getting oid of 0 when doing LargeObjectManager.create()

От Chris White
Тема Re: Getting oid of 0 when doing LargeObjectManager.create()
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
I am using jdbc7.2dev-1.2.jar. So I will try the latest development version.

I do have auto commit turned off, but don't I have to do a commit once I
have written and closed the Large Object in order for it to retained in the
database? Also, I thought I needed to store the oid in the database so I
could read/delete the Large object later, so how come it becomes invalid on
a commit, which I use all the time after doing inserts and updates?

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Barry Lind
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 8:57 PM
To: cjwhite@cisco.com
Cc: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [JDBC] Getting oid of 0 when doing
LargeObjectManager.create()

Chris,

What version are you using?  I just fixed a bug last week on this, so
have you tried the latest development driver build from jdbc.postgresql.org?

If this isn't related to the bug I fixed then it is likely related to
the fact that you are trying to use a large object after having done a
commit.  In order to use large objects you must run with autocommit
turned off since the large object pointer becomes invalid on a commit.

thanks,
--Barry

Chris White wrote:

> I am getting a oid value of 0 returned when I do a
> LargeObjectManager.create(). This tells me that I can't create a large
> object. What reasons would cause this? and what I can do to solve the
> problems.
>
> thanks
> Chris White

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster