Re: faster or ..... ????

От Dario
Тема Re: faster or ..... ????
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
1) mmm... create table x as object doesn't seem to be a valid statement.... You can create types, or use arrays. But I
thinkyou don't need (neither want) that...
2) (which one is faster?) I'm not sure what are your plans for this tables. How many rows are you trying to insert into
addressfor each ID? do you need to search for address? As a programmer, I definitly wouldn't do something like the
firstoption (using arrays) except that I'm positibly sure that I will ALWAYS (no exception) retreat all address
everytimeI need an "id" record and they are not too many for each id. And I (or my bosses) will never want to look
peoplefor address. As a dba, I would kill that programmer.
3) My english s*cks too.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org]En nombre de dedy
Enviado el: jueves, 06 de octubre de 2005 1:55
Para: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Asunto: [ADMIN] faster or ..... ????

Hii all,
I eould like to asking about creating table in postgres
here is the
1> can postgres do such things like this one?
  # create table address as object(address varchar(100), post(6));
  # create table id (id integer not null primary key,
                     name char(100),address);

now i will
compare with this one >>
# create table id (id integer not null primary key, name char(100));
# create table address (id integer not null references id,
                       address varchar(100), post(6));

which is most faster???

Thank you very much for all your kind to answer my question
and my english is so bad isn't?

Dedy Styawan
Semarang