Re: BUG #17111: Database created, cannot be created, but reported as inexist

От Japin Li
Тема Re: BUG #17111: Database created, cannot be created, but reported as inexist
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sat, 17 Jul 2021 at 01:56, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Japin Li <japinli@hotmail.com> writes:
>> Can we remove the code for compatibility with 7.2 or older?
>
> I'm kind of inclined not to, because most other ways that you can
> specify a database name for a connection also don't downcase.
>
> $ psql Postgres
> psql: error: connection to server on socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5440" failed: FATAL:  database "Postgres" does not exist
>
> $ psql postgres
> postgres=# \c "dbname=Postgres"
> connection to server on socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5440" failed: FATAL:  database "Postgres" does not exist
> Previous connection kept
>
> This largely stems from an ancient decision that we shouldn't
> auto-downcase names coming from a program's command line.
> The interaction of SQL and shell quoting conventions is messy
> enough that specifying a non-lower-case database, user, etc name
> would be pretty annoying if we did do that.

Thanks for your explanation.

--
Regrads,
Japin Li.

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: IRe: BUG #16792: silent corruption of GIN index resulting in SELECTs returning non-matching rows
Сообщение: Re: IRe: BUG #16792: silent corruption of GIN index resulting in SELECTs returning non-matching rows