Re: BUG #17111: Database created, cannot be created, but reported as inexist

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17111: Database created, cannot be created, but reported as inexist
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Japin Li <japinli@hotmail.com> writes:
> Can we remove the code for compatibility with 7.2 or older?

I'm kind of inclined not to, because most other ways that you can
specify a database name for a connection also don't downcase.

$ psql Postgres
psql: error: connection to server on socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5440" failed: FATAL:  database "Postgres" does not exist

$ psql postgres
postgres=# \c "dbname=Postgres"
connection to server on socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5440" failed: FATAL:  database "Postgres" does not exist
Previous connection kept

This largely stems from an ancient decision that we shouldn't
auto-downcase names coming from a program's command line.
The interaction of SQL and shell quoting conventions is messy
enough that specifying a non-lower-case database, user, etc name
would be pretty annoying if we did do that.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #17103: WAL segments are not removed after exceeding max_slot_wal_keep_size
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17103: WAL segments are not removed after exceeding max_slot_wal_keep_size