Re: Regression test collate.icu.utf8 failed on REL_14_STABLE

От Japin Li
Тема Re: Regression test collate.icu.utf8 failed on REL_14_STABLE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 15 Aug 2023 at 08:54, Japin Li <japinli@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Aug 2023 at 08:49, Andy Fan <zhihui.fan1213@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>>  DROP SCHEMA test_schema;
>>> +ERROR:  cannot drop schema test_schema because other objects depend on it
>>> +DETAIL:  collation test_schema.test11 depends on schema test_schema
>>> +HINT:  Use DROP ... CASCADE to drop the dependent objects too.
>>>  DROP ROLE regress_test_role;
>>> +ERROR:  role "regress_test_role" cannot be dropped because some objects
>>> depend on it
>>> +DETAIL:  owner of collation test_schema.test11
>>> +ERROR:  role "regress_test_role" cannot be dropped because some objects
>>> depend on it
>>> +DETAIL:  owner of collation test_schema.test11
>>>
>>> +ERROR:  role "regress_test_role" already exists
>>>

>> Did you run 'make installcheck' rather than 'make check' and there
>> was a failure before this round of test? This looks to me that there
>> are some objects are not cleaned well before this run.  you can try
>> 'make installcheck' with a pretty clean setup or run 'make check'
>> directly to verify this.

Thanks Andy, I think I find the root cause. In my environment, LANG has
different setting from others.

$ locale
LANG=C.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8

Then, I set LANG to en_US.UTF-8, all tests passed.  What I'm curious about
is why PG 15 can pass.

--
Regrads,
Japin Li